To change your computer's date and time in Windows Vista:
1. Open Date and Time by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Date and Time.
2. In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do the following:
• To change the date, under Date, click the left or right arrows to find the current month in the calendar, and then click the current date.
• To change the time, under Time, double-click the hour, minutes, or seconds that you want to change, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.
3. When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.
If your time zone observes daylight saving time and you want your computer's clock to be adjusted automatically when daylight saving time changes, on the Date and Time tab, click Change time zone, and then make sure that the Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time check box is selected.
To synchronize your computer's clock with an Internet time server
When you synchronize your computer's clock with an Internet time server, the clock on your computer is updated to match the clock on the time server. This helps make sure that the clock on your computer is always accurate. Your computer's clock is typically synchronized with the Internet time server once a week but your computer must be connected to the Internet for the synchronization to occur.
Note: If your computer is on a domain, you can't synchronize your clock with an Internet time server. Instead, you need to change your computer's date and time manually. To do this, follow the steps under "To change your computer's date and time" above.
If your computer is not on a domain, follow the steps below to synchronize your computer's clock with an Internet time server.
1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region, and then click Date and Time.
2. Click the Internet Time tab, and then click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server, select a time server, and then click OK.